[R] R Mysql Not reading all table names

John McKown john.archie.mckown at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 18:29:33 CEST 2016

On Mon, Oct 3, 2016 at 11:13 AM, Vivek Singh <vivek4 at mail.usf.edu> wrote:

> Hi All:
>
> I am using R with MySQL, following is my code:
>
> library(RMySQL)
> con <- dbConnect(MySQL(), user="user", password="password", dbname="db",
> host="localhost")
> rs1 <- dbSendQuery(con, "show tables like \"%padded\"")
> all_tables3<- fetch(rs1, n=-1)
>
> There are 25 tables in the database when I execute the above query on the
> MySQL prompt. However, the above R code giving me only 9 tables. It seems
> there is some cache from which R is getting 9 tables instead of 25 tables.
> Please help.

​Just to be sure that I am understanding you correctly. When you say there
are "25 tables" do you mean a total of 25 tables, of all names, or a total
of 25 tables which whose names end with the characters "padded". I ask
because your SHOW TABLES is only looking for the names of tables which end
in "padded". Please forgive me if this is a stupid question.​

--
Heisenberg may have been here.

Unicode: http://xkcd.com/1726/

Maranatha! <><