[R] To submit R jobs via SLURM

Dominik Schneider dosc3612 at colorado.edu
Mon Oct 3 21:10:34 CEST 2016

I typically call Rscript inside an sbatch file.

*batch_r.sh*
#! /bin/bash

cd /home/<myusername>/aso_regression_project #make sure you change to your
correct working directory
Rscript scripts/run_splitsample-modeling.R

and on the commandline of the login node:
sbatch batch_r.sh

There are lots of slurm configurations you can specify. Google for them.
Just add these under the first line and modify as needed:
#SBATCH --qos=
#SBATCH --mem=
#SBATCH --mail-type=begin,end,abort
#SBATCH --mail-user=userid at email.com
#SBATCH --time=
#SBATCH --nodes=
#SBATCH --job-name=myjob
#SBATCH --output=/home/<username>/run-%A_%a.Sout #special output filename

Dominik