[R] Loop to check for large dataset

Christoph Puschmann c.puschmann at student.unsw.edu.au
Sun Oct 9 01:26:40 CEST 2016

Dear Adrian,

Yes it is a cyclical data set and theoretically it should repeat this interval until 61327. The data set itself is divided into 2 Parts:
1. Product category (column 10)
2. Number of Stores Participating (column 01)
Overall there are 22 different products and in each you have 19 different stores participating. And theoretically each store over each product category should have a 1 - 157 week interval.

The part I am struggling with is how do I run a loop over the whole data set, while checking if all stores participated 157 weeks over the different products.

So far I came up with this:

n=61327                           # Generate Matrix to check for values
Control = matrix(
  0,
  nrow = n,
  ncol = 1)

s <- seq(from =1 , to = 157, by = 1)
CW = matrix(
  s,
  nrow = 157,
  ncol = 1
)

colnames(CW)[1] <- ’s'

CW = as.data.frame(CW)

for (i in 1:nrow(FD)) {           # Let run trhough all the rows
  for (j in 1:157) {
if(FD$WEEk[j] == C$s[j]) {
  Control[i] = 1                 # coresponding control row = 1
} else {
  Control[i] = 0                 # corresponding control row = 0
}
}
}

I coded a  MRE and attached an sample of my data set.

MRE:

#MRE

dat <- data.frame(
  Store = c(rep(8, times = 157), rep(12, times = 157)),  # Number of stores
  WEEK = rep(seq(from=1, to = 157, by = 1), times = 2)
)