[R] can we visualize water flows with 3d in R?

clark richards clark.richards at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 16:27:31 CEST 2016

Hi Marna,

It's hard to tell exactly what you're looking for, since making "3D" plots
of fluid flow has significant interpretative challenges (e.g. how do you
see the flow for points that are "inside" the domain?). It is common in
fields like oceanography to plot 2D "sections" of the 3D flow -- e.g. a
latitude-depth plot at a range of different longitudes. Someone else
pointed out the `heatmap()` function, but I would also point out the
`imagep()` function in the `oce` package, which can make image plots (with
a palette, or colorbar).

Cheers,
Clark