[R] barplot beside=TRUE - values differ on scales

Adrian Johnson oriolebaltimore at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 18:55:59 CEST 2016

Hi Adams,
The story I am trying to show visually relationship between GN and CN
for every column. Each column represents a patient. In each patient, a
particular chromosome region (CN) is either lost (-2 or -1) or gained
(1 or 2). Typically if loss (one copy loss - as humans have pair of
chromosome) or homozygous (two copies loss) theoretically indicate
decrease in number of copies of gene located in that region of
chromosome. The number of copies of a gene located in that chromosomal
regions are indicated by GN.
through this barplot, I intend to show that in 7 cases (columns) if a
relationship exist by plotting GN and CN next to each other.  If I log
values in GN, I am loosing the minor differences between cases in GN.
hope I could convince/explain.
thanks
adrian