[R] Maybe OT: Forking in R scripts?

Greg Snow 538280 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 19:21:36 CEST 2016

I don't know if the parallel approach would work or not, but a
possibly simpler approach would be to use the tclTaskSchedule function
from the tcltk package.  You could use this to schedule your update
code to run on a regular basis, then you have access to the command
line between times that it runs.

You just need to be careful, if you are accessing a data object at the
same time that the update code runs on that same object, then there
could be problems.