[R] Share R.net dll without having to share R script code?

Duncan Murdoch murdoch.duncan at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 16:18:36 CEST 2016

On 14/10/2016 10:00 AM, Narendra Modi wrote:
> Hello Gurus,
>
> I have built a code snippet using R.net wherein I call couple of R
> scripts to run optimization packages and use the output in C# code.
> The way I call the R scripts is just by providing its location in the
> C# code.
>
> So, if I have to share the .dll of the complete program, I will also
> have to share the R scripts; actual code. Is there anyway to avoid it;
> not having to share the r script code with users/testers.
> I am considerably new to R. Any suggestion in this direction is appreciated!

I don't know what the R.net .dll is, but if it includes R, you need to
share the complete source code of anything you distribute that includes
it.  The R scripts will be only a small part of that.

Sharing less than that is a copyright violation, since you are only
licensed to distribute R under the GPL license, and it requires that you
share code of the original and your modifications.

Duncan Murdoch