[R] need help in customising function in stat_summary function ggplot2

William Dunlap wdunlap at tibco.com
Thu Oct 20 18:17:29 CEST 2016

Your code,
  cnt = 0
  for(i in 1:length(x)){
   ifelse(x[i] > median(x),cnt+1,cnt)
  }
sets cnt to zero and never sets it to anything else.  Hence it is zero
at the end of the loop.  if you set cnt to the value of your call to ifelse
you should get the desired result
    cnt <- ifelse(x[i] > median(x),cnt+1,cnt)

By the way, the more R-ish way of counting the number of x strictly
greater than the median is just
   cnt <- sum(x > median(x))
instead of those 4 lines above.
('cnt' should be about length(x)/2 unless there are a lot of points at the
median).

Bill Dunlap
TIBCO Software
wdunlap tibco.com