[R] convert matrix

Robert Baer rbaer at atsu.edu
Sun Oct 30 16:20:27 CET 2016

On 10/29/2016 11:19 AM, Elham - via R-help wrote:
> Dear Madam / Sir,I saw this function for "Convert to matrix as it is that you wanted" > test2<-as.matrix(test1)
>> colnames(test2)<-NULL
>> genelist<-c("Fkh2","Swi5","Sic1")
>> rownames(test2)<-genelist
>> test2
>> #      [,1]  [,2]  [,3]
>> #Fkh2 0.141 0.242 0.342
>> #Swi5 0.224 0.342 0.334
>> #Sic1 0.652 0.682 0.182
>
> what is function for large data?my data and genelist are 28031 rows,how can I convert? clear that I can not write 28031 genes like genelist<-c("Fkh2","Swi5","Sic1")
You can assign the names of your genes by any method convenient. The
point is not necessarily to use the c() function.   If you have them in
a .csv file somewhere, simply read them in to create the genelist vector.

If you do not know how to to this you should probably read, "An
Introduction to R",
https://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/r-release/R-intro.pdf

?read.csv typed at the command prompt will give you some specifics

In the end, you will do something like:
genelist  <- read.csv("AfileOfMyGenes.csv", header = TRUE)

# assume your gene names are in the first column which is titled genename
genelist <- genelist$genename