[R] Installing polycor package

Jeff Newmiller jdnewmil at dcn.davis.ca.us
Mon Oct 31 22:02:30 CET 2016

"any advice" is to use the latest R and packages. Unfortunately the number of things that can go wrong trying to keep an old version of R working is too extensive for this list to support (per Posting Guide).

If you wish to proceed without support then by all means download any older versions of the packages that you need from the CRAN archives manually and install those files directly rather than trying to automatically download and install. Keep in mind that contributed package authors might have fixed bugs since then though so you may not have access to a fully-functional R analysis environment. While such authors might help you out if you get into a bind, don't be surprised if they won't... it can be enough of a headache to keep the current version of their package working without adding a whole separate historical version going too.