[R] R function stopped working

Jeff Newmiller jdnewmil at dcn.davis.ca.us
Tue Apr 4 17:51:45 CEST 2017

Daniel, if you wish to learn from your mistakes them you must listen. Peter is not someone whose input you should dismiss. The function you have showed us never worked as you have described it. However, if you give .GlobalEnv as the first argument in the call to ls() then it should work.

You will find it helpful to remember that "workspace" is not a precise description of how variables are stored in R... there are chains of "environments".  Invocation of a function creates a new environment that the ls function looks in by default, and ls does not follow the search path up to the global environment automatically. So, the code AS YOU PRESENTED IT could not have worked in spite of your assertions. Perhaps you had a fixed version somewhere that you lost?