[R] taking a small piece of large tiff

Ben Tupper btupper at bigelow.org
Wed Apr 5 17:08:48 CEST 2017

Hi,

You'll get a lot of help if you take this question to the R-sig-geo list

In the meantime, you might want to try reading this using raster::raster() and then cropping to your desired region. Here's a discussion that may help you...

https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-sig-geo/2010-July/008838.html

You will find many other useful bits using Rseek.org - try http://rseek.org/?q=subset+large+geotif

Cheers,
Ben