[R] [FORGED] hier.part limitation

Rolf Turner r.turner at auckland.ac.nz
Mon Apr 10 22:38:50 CEST 2017

On 10/04/17 21:33, Abdel-Rahman, Elfatih wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> Does the package "hier.part" limited to only 12 predictor variables.
> I  was trying to use it to partition (select) the most relevant predictor
> variables our of 30 ones, and I always get an error message says:
> "Error: Number of variables must be < 13 for current implementation"

Uh, why do you suppose that the function puts out that error message?

If you want a function that handles 13 or more variables you'll have to
write it yourself.

cheers,

Rolf Turner

P. S. I have no knowledge whatever of hier.part(), so I have no insight
as to why that restriction is there, but I imagine there's a good
reason, for some value of "good".

R. T.

--
Technical Editor ANZJS