[R] Unknown anomaly

Benjamin Robira robira at clipper.ens.fr
Wed Apr 19 03:55:39 CEST 2017

Dear Sir,

I writting to you as I am facing an irregularity in R that I do not know
the origin. When doing a sequence from 0 to 1 by 0.02 and assigning it to
a vector (i.e. code: a <- seq(from=0, to=1, by=0.02)) then, when I try to
use the 36th element (and two others behave the same way) it is not
recognized correctly. For instance a[36]==0.7, what should give TRUE,
gives instead FALSE. However, this works fine for element 35 and 37 and
all other elements but two.
I do not know the reason. I restarted my R session and tried on another
computer. This has been the same. None of my colleagues had an answer. I
hope that you would be able to help me fix that as it must be a pretty
straightforward error that I do not realise.

I would be thankful for any help,
With my very Best Regards,
Benjamin.