[R] Wilcoxon Test

Ivan Calandra calandra at rgzm.de
Fri Apr 21 14:58:06 CEST 2017

Try setting the 'correct' argument to FALSE (similar to CORRECT=NO
option in the SAS documentation).

The p-values are then identical, although the W values are different.

Additionally I cannot understand why you get a warning from R that it
cannot compute exact p-values because of ties, while the SAS
documentation states that "Because the sample size is small, the
large-sample normal approximation might not be adequate, and it is
appropriate to compute the exact test."
And yet, the p-value from R is identical to the two-sided p-values with
the normal approximation...?!

Another oddity is the legend of the SAS output, which does not
correspond to the data in the output itself (but corresponds to the R
values with correct=TRUE)!

Could the SAS documentation have some errors? I don't have SAS installed
so cannot test the code.

Ivan

--
Dr. Ivan Calandra
TraCEr, Laboratory for Traceology and Controlled Experiments