[R] Looking for a package to replace xtable

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at effectivedefense.org
Sat Apr 22 14:57:55 CEST 2017

Have you looked at library(sos)?  It includes the following that might
help you find what you want:

       * "findFn" function that searches help pages for matches to your
search term, then sorts the results by package.  The print method
displays the results in a web browser.

       * "packageSum" to summarize the results by package.

       * "writeFinFn2xls" to write an Excel file with sheets for package
summary and individual help pages found.

       * "installPackages" to automatically install the packages found
most relevant, so "packageSum" and "writeFindFn2xls" can provide more
information.

       * a vignette, also available at
"https://journal.r-project.org/archive/2009/RJ-2009-017/RJ-2009-017.pdf".

       hope this helps