[R] Creating interactive graphs and exporting to Intranet site

Sarah Goslee sarah.goslee at gmail.com
Sun Apr 23 23:26:32 CEST 2017

HI Chris,

You can use the R plotly library on your own computer to create the
interactive graph, then upload the code to the server.

I have a setup like that where real-time data is processed every hour,
a Rmarkdown file is rendered using the R plotly package to make the
graphs, and then the resulting html file is copied to the server.

It sounds like exactly what you need.

Sarah

On Sat, Apr 22, 2017 at 10:29 PM, Chris Battiston
<darth.pathos at gmail.com> wrote:
> Good evening,
>
> I’m relatively new to using R and am trying to find a way to create a series of interconnected graphs where I have a filter (either a drop down or series of checkboxes) where when an option is selected, all graphs are updated to show that group’s data.  I need to keep these graphs internal to our organization, so can’t use Shiny etc.; I am also unable to run R or other products on my server (company policy).  So, basically what I’m trying to do is create the dashboard on my desktop, export the HTML or whatever files, and post those to the Intranet.  I have tried ggvis, iplots, and a variety of other packages but I cannot seem to get them to work as i need them to.
>
> Any suggestions?  I need to present my proposed plan to the directors on Wednesday and really don’t want to use Excel for the graphs - I want this to be intuitive for them, but ensuring that the report is easily maintained and more flexible than a Pivot Table.
>
> Thanks so much for your time and have a good evening
> Chris

Sarah Goslee
http://www.functionaldiversity.org