[R] R 3.4.0 problem installation

Berend Hasselman bhh at xs4all.nl
Tue Apr 25 08:47:10 CEST 2017

> On 25 Apr 2017, at 08:21, catalin roibu <catalinroibu at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Dear all,
>
> I have a problem with the newest R version. I'm trying to install a
> specific package dplR how need the gpm package and I have this error on my
> macbook (OS Sierra):
>
>> install.packages("dplR")
> also installing the dependency ‘gmp’
>
> Packages which are only available in source form, and may
>  need compilation of C/C++/Fortran: ‘gmp’ ‘dplR’
> Do you want to attempt to install these from sources?
> y/n: y
> installing the source packages ‘gmp’, ‘dplR’
>
> trying URL 'https://cran.rstudio.com/src/contrib/gmp_0.5-13.1.tar.gz'
> Content type 'application/x-gzip' length 131321 bytes (128 KB)
> downloaded 128 KB
>
> trying URL 'https://cran.rstudio.com/src/contrib/dplR_1.6.5.tar.gz'
> Content type 'application/x-gzip' length 1672999 bytes (1.6 MB)
> downloaded 1.6 MB
>
> * installing *source* package ‘gmp’ ...
> ** package ‘gmp’ successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked
> creating cache ./config.cache
> checking for __gmpz_ui_sub in -lgmp... no
> configure: error: GNU MP not found, or not 4.1.4 or up, see
> http://gmplib.org
> ERROR: configuration failed for package ‘gmp’
> * removing
> ‘/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/3.4/Resources/library/gmp’
> Warning in install.packages :
>  installation of package ‘gmp’ had non-zero exit status
> ERROR: dependency ‘gmp’ is not available for package ‘dplR’
> * removing
> ‘/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/3.4/Resources/library/dplR’
> Warning in install.packages :
>  installation of package ‘dplR’ had non-zero exit status
>
> The downloaded source packages are in
> ‘/private/var/folders/c5/6g4vbk5x55586m8ky2v_6pbc0000gn/T/RtmprYzSE8/downloaded_packages’
>

> All the others packages work in good conditions.
> Please help me to solve this annoying situation.

This should have been sent to the R-SIG-Mac mailinglist.

If you look on CRAN for the packages Rmpfr and gmp you will see that both packages are not available in binary form for OS X El Capitan.  You'll have to wait or try to compile  gmp and mpfr relevant packages from source first before installing Rmpfr.
I don't know the reason for the non-availability.

Berend Hasselman