[R] survival package can't find Ccoxfit6

SeshanV at mskcc.org SeshanV at mskcc.org
Thu Apr 27 01:40:16 CEST 2017

Thanks to Henrik Bengtsson I found a work around which is to use environment(phcoefs) <- asNamespace("survival")

It seems like the symbols that are accessed using .Call are not accessible from outside the package that defines it.

> phcoefs(stim[ii], sts[ii], as.matrix(as.double(cvt[ii])), oo$coefficients, control)
Error in phcoefs(stim[ii], sts[ii], as.matrix(as.double(cvt[ii])), oo$coefficients,  :
  object 'Ccoxfit6' not found
> environment(phcoefs) <- asNamespace("survival")
> phcoefs(stim[ii], sts[ii], as.matrix(as.double(cvt[ii])), oo$coefficients, control)
[1] -0.4838181

Venkat