[R] Error in setwd("dir") :

Duncan Murdoch murdoch.duncan at gmail.com
Sat Aug 5 19:43:54 CEST 2017

On 05/08/2017 10:55 AM, ? ? wrote:
> Hello, I got some of the R source code and not being able to Run it in
> RStudio.
> I get the error:
>
> Error in setwd("dir") :
>   cannot change working directory
>

> I have gone through forums but nothing seemed relevant to my issue.
> What bugs me the most is the ("dir") that the error shows, is of  those who
> wrote the source code and not mine(it still sees the directory of their
> computer, even though, I have changed all the directories).
> When I write getwd(), it dispalys my "dir".
> Does anyone have any ideas on what's going on here?

Try sourcing it with "echo=TRUE", so you can see which line is causing
the problem.  Presumably some part of the code still references a
particular directory.

If you are loading binary objects (e.g. using load() or readRDS()), they
may trigger code to run that may still have a directory coded.  But more
likely you've just missed fixing something.

Duncan Murdoch