[R] how to extract individual values from varcomp?

Sharada Ramadass sharada.ramadass at gmail.com
Tue Aug 8 15:33:17 CEST 2017

Hello,
  I am trying to use varcomp to decompose the variance across multiple
nested levels on a lme object. I am able to successfully do this and
when I view the varcomp object I can see the individual values /
estimates for the variance at different levels.

However, I want to be able to extract each of them separately, as I
need to build a confidence interval using bootstrapping on the sample
data. How can I go about extracting the individual estimates from
varcomp object? The datatype seems to show it as a double. Any
pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,
Sharada