[R] Fill in empty spaces modified

Jim Lemon drjimlemon at gmail.com
Thu Aug 10 00:01:40 CEST 2017

Hi Ek,
As I may have mentioned previously, if you don't mind stepping through
the data frame row by row you can do it like this:

eedf<-read.table(text="nam,val
mandy,1
,2
John,3
,4
,5
,6
Zara,7
,8",sep=",",header=TRUE,stringsAsFactors=FALSE)
for(row in 1:nrow(eedf))
 if(eedf$nam[row] == "")
  eedf$nam[row]<-eedf$nam[row-1]

Jim