[R] package building problem Centos 7 & R 3.4.1

Paul Johnson pauljohn32 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 13 04:59:05 CEST 2017

On Aug 12, 2017 11:58 AM, "José Abílio Matos" <jaomatos at gmail.com> wrote:

On Friday, 11 August 2017 22.51.12 WEST Paul Johnson wrote:
> Dear everybody:
>
> Packages that DO pass the package check on my Ubuntu 17.04 laptop with
> R 3.4.1 and Mac OSX do not build on Centos 7 with R 3.4.1. I'm pretty
> sure I have an environment defect, but cannot find it.

Hi Paul,
        the first error that you get is that ggplot2 is not installed:
Error in library(ggplot2) : there is no package called ‘ggplot2’

IIRC that package is not available in the EPEL repositories.

That's not it.
All of the concerned packages are installed and run fine. I demonstrated
that in original post. EPEL has nothing to do with this, install.packages
works fine.

PJ

I think that most of the other errors are similar.

Regards,
--
José Matos

        [[alternative HTML version deleted]]