[R] {nlme} Question about modeling Level two heteroscedasticity in HLM

b88207001 at ntu.edu.tw b88207001 at ntu.edu.tw
Wed Aug 16 15:17:03 CEST 2017

Hello dear uesRs,

I am working on modeling both level one and level two
heteroscedasticity in HLM. In my model, both error variance and
variance of random intercept / random slope are affected by some level
two variables.

I found that nlme is able to model heteroscedasticity. I learned how
to use it for level one heteroscedasticity but don't know how to use
it to model the level two heteroscedasticity. I wonder if anyone could
give me some guide how to do it or any suggested software / packages
if nlme is unable to do it.

Many thanks in advance!

Best,
Yen