[R] Statistical / data mining methods in R and not in SAS?

Bert Gunter bgunter.4567 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 16 16:14:46 CEST 2017

David's reply is far more comprehensive, but it may be worth adding
that new "data mining" packages are being added almost daily to R
software repositories (CRAN, github, etc.), so that anything one would
say about this becomes almost instantly outdated. e.g. from a post 4
days ago here from Nan Xiao:

-----

"- I am pleased to announce that the R package OHPL is now available on
CRAN (https://CRAN.R-project.org/package=OHPL).

The package implements the ordered homogeneity pursuit lasso (OHPL)
algorithm for group variable selection proposed in Lin et al. (2017)
<doi:10.1016/j.chemolab.2017.07.004>. The OHPL method exploits the
homogeneity structure in high-dimensional data and enjoys the grouping
effect to select groups of important variables automatically. This
feature makes it particularly useful for high-dimensional datasets with
strongly correlated variables, such as spectroscopic data.

For more information, please see https://OHPL.io."
----
You certainly wouldn't find this in SAS software!

Cheers,
Bert

Bert Gunter

and sticking things into it."