[R] How to convert .Rdata file into .csv or something else?

Duncan Murdoch murdoch.duncan at gmail.com
Thu Aug 17 13:50:46 CEST 2017

On 17/08/2017 5:15 AM, John Kane via R-help wrote:
> .Rdata may contain many different objects.

... and load() writes those directly into your workspace.  (You can
control where it writes, but that's the default.)

Adding the "verbose = TRUE" argument to load() will tell you what you've
just read.

> I would suggest doing a  "ls()" to see what objects you have.
> then have a look at ?write.table or ?write.csvThese commands will write many types of objects to a .csv file.
> For example if I have a data.frame called "dat1" I can write it to a csv (text) file like this:
> write.csv(dat1, "~/Rjunk/mydata.csv")
>

> On Thursday, August 17, 2017, 4:10:36 AM EDT, y tanaka <marineband2007 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Dear mailing list members,
>
> I am a beginner of this community.
>
> I would like to analyze data in a .rdata file.
> I ran the following code, but the object "d" remained empty.
>
> d <- load("~/docdis/input/ch2/WV6_Data_R_v_2016_01_01.rdata")

The variable d should have contained the names of objects from that
file.  If it was empty, then something went wrong.

Duncan Murdoch