[R] R & RStudio hardware Utilization

Jeff Newmiller jdnewmil at dcn.davis.ca.us
Tue Aug 22 04:45:30 CEST 2017

The actual question posed was whether R behaves differently than RStudio at parallel computation, which is like asking whether apple pies grow better than apple trees.

The answer is that RStudio doesn't do any computation... it is a programming environment that hands off all computation to a separately-installed copy of the R software. Read the messages in the console right after you start RStudio instead of ignoring them.