[R] Connect to postgreSQL

Ira Sharenow irasharenow100 at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 27 03:35:31 CEST 2017

I am using RStudio Version1.0.143 on a Windows 7 machine. R version 3.4.0

I am trying to connect to a postgreSQL database with the following
command, but I receive an error message that says my password is
incorrect. Since I saved my password in a file, I think I remember it.

I searched for a solution online, but cannot figure out what to do. If I
have to change my password, please provide explicit instructions.

>  con <- DBI::dbConnect(RPostgreSQL::PostgreSQL(),

+ password = "sql1",

+ port = 5432,

+ dbname = "pg_dump-sfpg-2017-08-18"

+ )

Error in postgresqlNewConnection(drv, ...) :

RS-DBI driver: (could not connect Ira at localhost:5432 on dbname
"pg_dump-sfpg-2017-08-18": FATAL:password authentication failed for user
"Ira"

)

Thanks.
Ira