[R] Connect to postgreSQL

Ira Sharenow irasharenow100 at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 27 07:08:58 CEST 2017

I went to the Start menu and opened a psql shell. I entered some
information, but when I entered the password, it said authentication failed.

Server localhost, the default

Database the file previously mentioned pg_dump-sfpg-2017-08-18

Port 5432

Username Ira

Password sql1--  Fatal error

When this happened within R, I found the following.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/18587710/change-reset-postgresql-user-password-on-windows-7

However, I was unable to follow the instructions.

Note also that I have never used psql. Someone sent me a file which I
intended to analyze using R. I do know how to write SQL queries, having
used SQL Server.

On 8/26/2017 9:47 PM, John wrote:
> On Sat, 26 Aug 2017 18:35:31 -0700
> Ira Sharenow via R-help <r-help at r-project.org> wrote:
>
> Can you access the postgres database through psql or some other route?
> Also, do you require a password to access the database from these
> alternatives?
>
> JWDougherty

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]