[R] Remove

Ek Esawi esawiek at gmail.com
Sat Dec 9 18:21:44 CET 2017

HI--

How about this one. It produces the desired result. If you have more
conditions, you can put them in a matrix/DF form and subset as suggested by
one of the previous suggestion.

DM[(DM$GR=="A"&DM$x>=15&DM$x<=30)|(DM$GR=="B"&DM$x>=40&DM$x<=50)|(DM
$GR=="C"&DM$x>=60&DM$x<=70),]

EK

On Sat, Dec 9, 2017 at 5:00 AM, Rui Barradas <ruipbarradas at sapo.pt> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Try the following.
>
> keep <- list(A = c(15, 30), B = c(40, 50), C = c(60, 75))
> sp <- split(DM$x, DM$GR)
> inx <- unlist(lapply(seq_along(sp), function(i) keep[[i]][1] <= sp[[i]] &
> sp[[i]] <= keep[[i]][2]))
> DM[inx, ]
> #   GR  x   y
> #1   A 25 125
> #2   A 23 135
> #5   B 45 321
> #6   B 47 512
> #9   C 61 521
> #10  C 68 235
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> Rui Barradas
>

> On 12/9/2017 12:48 AM, Ashta wrote:
>
>> Hi David, Ista and all,
>>
>> I  have one related question  Within one group I want to keep records
>> conditionally.
>> example within
>> group A I want keep rows that have  " x" values  ranged  between 15 and
>> 30.
>> group B I want keep rows that have  " x" values  ranged  between  40 and
>> 50.
>> group C I want keep rows that have  " x" values  ranged  between  60 and
>> 75.
>>

>> DM <- read.table( text='GR x y
>> A 25 125
>> A 23 135
>> A 14 145
>> A 35 230
>> B 45 321
>> B 47 512
>> B 53 123
>> B 55 451
>> C 61 521
>> C 68 235
>> C 85 258
>> C 80 654',header = TRUE, stringsAsFactors = FALSE)
>>

>> The end result will be
>> A 25 125
>> A 23 135
>> B 45 321
>> B 47 512
>> C 61 521
>> C 68 235
>>
>> Thank you
>>
>> On Wed, Dec 6, 2017 at 10:34 PM, David Winsemius <dwinsemius at comcast.net>
>> wrote:

>>> Here's another (possibly more direct in its logic?):
>>>
>>>   DM[ !ave(DM$x, DM$GR, FUN= function(x) {!length(unique(x))==1}), ]
>>>    GR  x   y
>>> 5  B 25 321
>>> 6  B 25 512
>>> 7  B 25 123