[R] Error: long vectors (argument 1) are not supported in .Fortran

Peter Langfelder peter.langfelder at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 18:32:21 CET 2017

Just to set the record straight, WGCNA is a CRAN package.

As to Ankush's question - the current WGCNA version does not support
analysis of more than about 46300 nodes (probes) in one block. You
have two options: 1. filter out some of the least-informative probes
(e.g., probes with lowest mean expression or lowest variance); 2. use
the "blockwise" approach as implemented in blockwiseModules. Set the
maxBlockSize argument to say 40000, and the function will
automatically split your data into 2 blocks and run the analysis in
each block separately.

The third option is to wait a few weeks (possibly months), I do have a
WGCNA update in the works that __should__ work on blocks larger than
46300.

Best,

Peter