[R] Gradient color to a line graph

Jeff Newmiller jdnewmil at dcn.davis.ca.us
Sat Feb 4 21:57:18 CET 2017

You haven't indicated what information you want to convey with this gradient.

You also are using arrays where you should be using vectors, usually stored in a data frame.

Here is one way using the contributed package ggplot2:

library(ggplot2)
DF <- data.frame( V1=1:10, V2=11:20, C=21:30 )
p <- ggplot( DF, aes( x=V1, y=V2, colour=C ) ) +
    geom_line( size=2 ) +
    scale_colour_gradient( low="red", high="blue" )
print( p )