[R] [FORGED] function for remove white space

Rolf Turner r.turner at auckland.ac.nz
Wed Feb 22 01:05:33 CET 2017

On 22/02/17 12:51, José Luis Aguilar wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> i have a dataframe with 34 columns and 1534 observations.
>
> In some columns I have strings with spaces, i want remove the space.
> Is there a function that removes whitespace from the entire dataframe?
> I use gsub but I would need some function to automate this.

Something like

X <- as.data.frame(lapply(X,function(x){gsub(" ","",x)}))

Untested, since you provide no reproducible example (despite being told
by the posting guide to do so).

I do not know what my idea will do to numeric columns or to factors.

However it should give you at least a start.

cheers,

Rolf Turner

--
Technical Editor ANZJS