[R] [R-pkgs] New package: hrbrthemes

Bob Rudis bob at rud.is
Sun Feb 26 17:23:13 CET 2017

Hey folks,

I'm pleased to announce the inaugural release of my hrbrthemes (0.1.0)
on CRAN: https://CRAN.R-project.org/package=hrbrthemes

The primary goal of said package is to provide opinionated
typographical and other aesthetic defaults for ggplot2 charts.

Two core themes are included:

- theme_ipsum() – an Arial Narrow-based theme
- theme_ipsum_rc() – a Roboto Condensed-based theme.

The Roboto Condensed Google Font comes with the package along with an
installer for said font.

Other niceties include:

- scale_[xy]_comma() — shortcut for expand=c(0,0), labels=scales::comma
- scale_[xy]_percent() — shortcut for expand=c(0,0), labels=scales::percent
- scale_[color|fill]_ipsum() — discrete scale with 9 colors
- gg_check() — pass-through spell checker for ggplot2 label elements

Source version is tracked on GitHub: https://github.com/hrbrmstr/hrbrthemes

Critiques, bug reports and enhancement requests are most welcome as
GitHub issues.

-Bob