[R] XML to CSV

Ben Tupper btupper at bigelow.org
Tue Jan 3 20:29:38 CET 2017

Hi,

It's hard to know what to advise - much depends upon the XML data you have and what you want to extract from it. Without knowing about those two things there is little anyone could do to help.  Can you post to the internet a to example data and provide the link here?  Then state explicitly what you want to have in hand at the end.

If you are just starting out I suggest that you try xml2 package ( https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/xml2/ ) rather than XML package ( https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/XML/ ). I have been using it much more since the authors added the ability to create xml nodes (rather than just extracting data from existing xml nodes).

Cheers,
Ben

P.S.  Hello to my niece Olivia S on the Bates EMS team.