[R] [FORGED] Re: output

Rolf Turner r.turner at auckland.ac.nz
Tue Jan 17 23:16:02 CET 2017

On 18/01/17 10:28, Marc Schwartz wrote:
> Hi Val,

<SNIP>

> Alternatively, there are other Excel file I/O packages available on
> CRAN if you would prefer to consider other options as well. They will
> typically require Java being installed, rather than Perl, as I and
> Greg do.

The read_excel() function from the "readxl" package has an argument
"sheet" which should facilitate what Val wants to do.

In my experience the read_excel() function (which is, as you indicate,
Java rather than Perl based) is quite a bit faster than the Perl based
alternatives.

cheers,

Rolf Turner

--