[R] Categorize subjects using PCA

Dr.Vinay Pitchika dr.vinay.muc at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 14:20:02 CET 2017

Hello everyone,

I have been analyzing dietary pattern data obtained via FFQ. We performed
Principal Component Analysis and decided to extract 3 dimensions (healthy,
unhealthy and mixed diet) and to adjust this in linear regression model
along with various other variables. However, our statistician was not happy
with the approach because the 3 dimensions we adjust do not have a measure.

So, I would like to classify the patients in our dataset using the PCA
results. Is it possible to classify all the patients into one of the 3
groups mentioned above?

Thank you
Vinay

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]