[R] Challenge extracting months

Kwesi Quagraine starskykwesi at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 23:50:06 CET 2017

Hello Jim,this is my script now; I am having this error when I called the
function;" In mean.default(list(era...1. = 1:444, Node_freq =
c(-0.389855332400718,  :  argument is not numeric or logical: returning NA"
Any help will be much appreciated.

Kwesi

rm(list = ls())
setwd('/home/kwesi/Documents/700hpa/soms/')
# Reading the data

era       <- read.csv(file="som_freq.csv",header = TRUE, sep = ",",dec =
".")
era.scaled <- scale(era[,2:3], center = TRUE, scale = TRUE)
era.sta<-data.frame(era[,1],era.scaled)
era.sta

collapse_values<-function(x,span,FUN="mean",na.rm=FALSE) {
  jump<-span-1
  newx<-rep(NA,length(x)-jump)
  for(i in 1:length(newx))
    newx[i]<-do.call(FUN,list(x[i:(i+jump)],na.rm=na.rm))
  return(newx)
}

#test<-1:12
names(era.sta)<-month.abb