[R] reshaping the data

Bogdan Tanasa tanasa at gmail.com
Mon Jul 3 09:22:07 CEST 2017

Dear all,

I would appreciate please a piece of help regarding the use of acast/dcast
functions in reshape2 package.

Specifically, I'm working with a data frame, that has information about
SAMPLE, GENE, and TYPE of MUTATION (as shown below):

Sample    Gene  Type
22M       AEBP1   SNV
17M       AEBP1   SNV
22M         ATR   INDEL
22M         ATR   SNV
11M         BTK   SNV
11M         BTK INDEL

I would like to transform this DATAFRAME into a MATRIX that has GENE on
ROWS, SAMPLE on COLUMNS, and the elements of the matrix are SNV or INDEL
(ie the types of mutations).

The R code starts with :

y <- data.frame(Sample = x$Sample, Gene = x$Gene, Type=x$Type)

z <- acast(y, Cancer_Gene ~ Sample)

although in z, I do not have the information on Type (i.e.SNV or INDEL).

thanks a lot,

-- bogdan

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]