[R] Help documentation of "The Studentized range Distribution"

Ursula Garczarek Ursula.Garczarek at cytel.com
Thu Jul 6 20:36:47 CEST 2017

Dear all,
I wanted to compare Bonferroni vs TukeyHSD correction over a range of groups and group sizes, and wanted to use the function qtukey.

In the help documentation it says

qtukey(p, nmeans, df, nranges = 1, lower.tail = TRUE, log.p = FALSE)
Arguments

vector of quantiles.

vector of probabilities.

nmeans

sample size for range (same for each group).

df

degrees of freedom for s (see below).

nranges

number of groups whose maximum range is considered.

log.p

logical; if TRUE, probabilities p are given as log(p).

lower.tail

logical; if TRUE (default), probabilities are P[X ˜ x], otherwise, P[X > x].

But when I test it, "nmeans" actually should be the number of groups, and not "nrange" to fit with tables of the studentized range distribution.

Can that be - it should be a rather old procedure, so I wonder whether I get something completely wrong...

Regards,
Ursula

This email and any attachments are confidential and may ...{{dropped:8}}