[R] How to make a figure plotting p-values by range of different adjustment values?

Jim Lemon drjimlemon at gmail.com
Thu Jul 13 02:49:11 CEST 2017

Hi Kirsten,
Perhaps this will help:

set.seed(3)
kmdf<-data.frame(group=rep(1:4,each=20),
 prop=c(runif(20,0.25,1),runif(20,0.2,0.92),
 runif(20,0.15,0.84),runif(20,0.1,0.77)))
km.glm<-glm(prop~group,kmdf,family=quasibinomial(link="logit"))
summary(km.glm)
pval<-0.00845
padjs<-NA
npadj<-1
# assume you have five comparisons in this family
for(method in p.adjust.methods) {
 padjs[npadj]<-p.adjust(pval,method=method,n=5)
 npadj<-npadj+1
}
plot(padjs,xaxt="n",main="P plot",xlab="Method",ylab="adjusted p values")
abline(h=0.05,col="lightgray")
library(plotrix)
staxlab(1,at=1:8,labels=p.adjust.methods)

Jim