[R] R-Package for Recursive Partitioning without Classification or Regression

Tom D. Harray tomdharray at gmail.com
Fri Jul 28 14:56:22 CEST 2017

Hello,

I have a question related to recursive partitioning, but I cannot find
an answer, likely because I don't know how to properly word my Google
search query.

All recursive partitioning examples, which I can find, are used for
either classification or regression trees like

   library(tree)
   data(iris)
   tree(Species ~ Sepal.Width + Petal.Width, data = iris)

which implies building a model. However, I would like to split data
like clustering similar to decision tree methods, because I have
nothing to predict.

My question is: Is there a package, which I can use to partition my
data without classification or regression so that it resembles
clustering methods?

Thanks and regards,

Dirk