[R] problem in run cmsaf script

Jeff Newmiller jdnewmil at dcn.davis.ca.us
Sun Jul 30 18:58:43 CEST 2017

1) Very few attachment types are permitted on the R mailing lists. Study the Posting Guide and for best results put code and data within the body of your email.

2) This is not the debug-my-script mailing list, it is the R-help mailing list, which means helping you understand one or a few statements at a time. We don't have a sample of your data (or your code per above), so we cannot look for the clues you don't know enough to show us. Please read about reproducible examples [1][2][3] and use those suggestions to help us help you, In particular you can use the reprex package [3] to confirm that we will see your problem.

3) You may not have a tar program on your computer... one way to get that for Windows is to install the Windows RTools supplemental software if you haven't already. If lack of external software is your problem then this probably isn't the right place to get help.

4) You may be dealing with a contributed package that was never intended to run on Windows, and thus may need to do your analysis on the platform supported by the package maintainer or be prepared to modify the package for use on Windows.

5) The package notes [4] include a warning that the functions don't have much error checking... for package-specific support you need to contact the package maintainer.

[1] http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5963269/how-to-make-a-great-r-reproducible-example

[2] http://adv-r.had.co.nz/Reproducibility.html

[3] https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/reprex/index.html (read the vignette)

[4] https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/cmsaf/index.html