[R] R-Package for Recursive Partitioning without Classification or Regression

David L Carlson dcarlson at tamu.edu
Fri Jul 28 17:09:26 CEST 2017

I think that diana() or mona() in package cluster are what you are looking for. The computational burdens of polythetic divisive clustering methods as they are called are substantial so the available methods use shortcuts that should provide good, but not necessarily optimal results.

David L Carlson
Department of Anthropology
Texas A&M University
College Station, TX 77840-4352