[R] Questions regarding to JohnSonFit() in the R package Johnson {SuppDists}

Shiner Yang shineryang1 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 30 18:16:14 CEST 2017

Hello,

I was trying to fit a Johnson curve by first figuring out the parameter
estimates using JohosnFit of a vector by a group ID using the aggregate
function. I.E.

aggregate(x, by = list(ID), JohnsonFit)

where x is the variable I am trying to perform JohnsonFit on. It is a
continuous random variable. However, I keep getting the following error:

Error in JohnsonFit(x) :
Unbounded solution intermediate values out of range

When I run the fit individually by group ID, it works fine. However I do
not want to do that manually as there are a large number of groups that
would be too laborious to do so.

If possible, could you shed some light on this error?

Thanks!

--
Regards,

Shiner Yang
B. Sc Statistics & Economics, Commerce Minor | UBC
Co-President, Science Co-op Students Association

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]