[R] help

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Mon Mar 6 05:48:05 CET 2017

> On Mar 4, 2017, at 10:00 AM, Nikhil Raj <nikhilraj768 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> hello Team R,
> i have been using R for statistical analysis of phylogeny and i have
> installed the required packages phangorn and phytools but whenever i give
> the command "pml.fit" the program stops and it appears thatb r for windows
> GUI has stopped etc..

What does it mean to `give the command "pml.fit"`?

(R is a functional language so it doesn't really have "commands". It is a language where function names are entered followed by a left-parenthesis, followed by arguments and closed by a right parenthesis. This then returns a value to the read-eval-print loop and if that expression has an assignment operator to its left then the value would be stored in a data object.)

> previously i thought it was a fault in my computer but it appears to happen
> the same when i give the command in any other computer.
> can i get a solution for this i have tried it on windows 10 and older
> versions can it be fixed?
> and also can you please send me the the commands for performing SH test of
> phylogeny using phangorn if possible.

Most packages have help pages where sample code appears at the bottom of the page for a particular function. This particular function appears designed as "internal" meaning that you should have followed the See Also links at the bottom of its page.

> please do reply

And do, sir or madam, read the posting guide reference below.