[R] Matrix

Bert Gunter bgunter.4567 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 6 20:00:20 CET 2017

Clever, Don.

Here's a more explicit approach that generalizes (if I haven't made
any dumb errors):

x <- c(1:5,10:12)
## generate vector of indices by outer and %%
i <- seq_along(x)
nc <- 4 ## number of columns desired
## get subscripting indices via outer() and %%
indx <- outer(i,rev(i),"+") %% (length(x))[,seq_len(nc)]+1
matrix(x[indx],ncol = nc)

Cheers,
Bert

Bert Gunter