[R] Problem with greek characters in R

Nordlund, Dan (DSHS/RDA) NordlDJ at dshs.wa.gov
Thu Mar 9 20:11:05 CET 2017

Dimitrios,

You need to help us help you. You say you have a file that has Greek characters in it that you want to "open with the program RGui".
1. You need to provide us with a sample of the problem file.  Since we are talking about text here, you can create a file with just a few lines in it that contain the problematic text.  Give the file a '.txt' extension and then you can attach that to your next post to R-help.
2. What do mean by "open the file with RGui"?  Are you trying to source the file, or open it some other way?

If you provide some sample text, and describe in more detail what you are trying to do with it, someone may be able to offer a solution.

Dan

Daniel Nordlund, PhD
Research and Data Analysis Division
Services & Enterprise Support Administration