[R] Crete stats course

Michael Dewey lists at dewey.myzen.co.uk
Wed Mar 15 18:27:46 CET 2017

Well since you mention it the mailing list page says

The ‘main’ R mailing list, for discussion about problems and solutions
using R, announcements (not covered by ‘R-announce’ or ‘R-packages’, see
above), about the availability of new functionality for R and
documentation of R, comparison and compatibility with S-plus, and for
the posting of nice examples and benchmarks.

Which suggests to me that announcements of courses are not covered by
the terms and conditions.

On 15/03/2017 16:09, Highland Statistics Ltd wrote:

> On 15/03/2017 16:57, Bert Gunter wrote:
>> Perhaps this has been asked and settled before, but while such courses
>> certainly might be of interest to those who read this list,
> Bert,
>>   they are
>> for profit, and therefore advertising them here does seem somewhat
>> inappropriate.
> I don't want to be rude or funny, but the general guidelines for this
> mailing list state "Do your homework before posting". There is nowhere a
> statement on the general guidelines that state that you cannot make an
> announcement for a course (which by the way, introduces R to people who
> never have used R before)....be it for profit or not. And even if it
> would have such a statement, I don't think that a 'once per quarter'
> email about an R course does much harm.
>
> Apologies to everyone else for filling up your mailbox. Bert....if you
> would like to discuss this further then please email me directly and I
> will send a summary to the list later.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Alain
>
>> Please, I don't want to start a long discussion or war. Just slap me
>> down if I am wrong about this.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Bert
>>

>> Bert Gunter
>>
>> "The trouble with having an open mind is that people keep coming along
>> and sticking things into it."
>>

>> On Wed, Mar 15, 2017 at 2:14 AM, Highland Statistics Ltd
>> <highstat at highstat.com> wrote:
>>> There are a few remaining seats on the following course:
>>>

>>> Course: Data exploration, regression, GLM & GAM with R
>>>
>>> Where:  HCMR, Crete, Greece
>>>
>>> When:   24-28 April 2017
>>>
>>> Course website: http://www.highstat.com/statscourse.htm
>>>
>>> Course flyer:
>>> http://highstat.com/Courses/Flyers/Flyer2017_04Crete_RGG.pdf
>>>

>>> Kind regards,
>>>
>>> Alain Zuur
>>>

>>> Other open courses in 2017:
>>>
>>> Introduction to Regression Models with Spatial and Temporal Correlation.
>>> 8-12 May 2017. Genoa, Italy.
>>> Linear Mixed Effects Models and GLMM with R. Frequentist and Bayesian
>>> approaches. 9-13 October 2017. Trondheim, Norway.
>>> Introduction to Regression Models with Spatial and Temporal Correlation.
>>> 23-27 October 2017. Southampton, UK
>>> Data exploration, regression, GLM & GAM with introduction to R. 18-22
>>> September 2017. Edmonton, Canada.
>>> Introduction to Regression Models with Spatial and Temporal
>>> Correlation. 4-8
>>> December 2017. Banff, Canada.
>>>

>>> --
>>> Dr. Alain F. Zuur
>>>
>>> First author of:
>>> 1. Beginner's Guide to GAMM with R (2014).
>>> 2. Beginner's Guide to GLM and GLMM with R (2013).
>>> 3. Beginner's Guide to GAM with R (2012).
>>> 4. Zero Inflated Models and GLMM with R (2012).
>>> 5. A Beginner's Guide to R (2009).
>>> 6. Mixed effects models and extensions in ecology with R (2009).
>>> 7. Analysing Ecological Data (2007).
>>>
>>> Highland Statistics Ltd.
>>> 9 St Clair Wynd
>>> UK - AB41 6DZ Newburgh