[R] ggplot2: Adjusting title and labels

G.Maubach at weinwolf.de G.Maubach at weinwolf.de
Thu Mar 16 17:20:37 CET 2017

Hi All,

I have a question to ggplot 2. My code is the following:

-- cut --

library(ggplot2)
library(scales)

df <-
  data.frame(group = c("Male", "Female", "Child"),
             value = c(25, 25, 50))

blank_theme <- theme_minimal() + theme(
  axis.title.x = element_blank(),
  axis.title.y = element_blank(),
  axis.text.x = element_blank(),
  panel.border = element_blank(),
  panel.grid = element_blank(),
  axis.ticks = element_blank(),
  plot.title = element_text(size = 4, face = "bold"))

ggplot(df, aes(x = "", y = value, fill = group)) +
  geom_bar(
    width = 1,
    stat = "identity") +
  coord_polar("y", start = 0) +
  scale_fill_brewer(
    name = "Gruppe",
    palette = "Blues") +
  blank_theme +
  geom_text(
    aes(
      y = c(10, 40, 75),
      label = scales::percent(value/100)),
    size = 5) +
  labs(title = "Pie Title")

-- cut --

Is there a way to give the position of the labels to the chunks of the pie
in a generalized form instead of finding the value interatively by
trial-n-error?

How can I adjust the title of the graph converning font height and postion
(e. g. center)?

Kind regards

Georg

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]